DETAILS AND APPLICATION FORM FOR 2018
The Saturday School High Achievement Scholarship is awarded to Montgomery County high school seniors who have been involved with our Saturday School program – either as a student in the program or as a Volunteer Tutor.
The goal of this scholarship is to reward students who show evidence of high academic achievement and leadership during their high school years. We also wish to support students who plan to continue into a college or university program once they graduate.
Open to High School Seniors who:
A. Participated as a Student in Saturday School
B. Provided consistent and quality service as a Volunteer Tutor at Saturday School
Applications will be evaluated based on objectives listed below. Each applicant must:
- Be a high school senior in Montgomery County
- Have enrolled and attended a minimum of 12 Saturday School sessions during the current school year, OR served as a Volunteer at Saturday School for at least 35 sessions from grades 7 through 12
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Applicants must provide:
- A copy of the first semester transcript
- Proof of a score 1000 or higher on the SAT; a score of 20 or higher on the ACT.
- Two letters of recommendation (excluding the Center Director at the Saturday School location where you participate)
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited college or university
Applications must be completed and submitted to the Center Director no later than April 21, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Awards will be announced at the Saturday School Closing Ceremonies in May.
Download the fillable PDF form, save completed form, then email to your Center Director, or print and deliver) – CLICK HERE to FORM
To find email of the Center Director at each Saturday School location, locate details at Find A Center
Any questions, call our Main office at (301) 287-8980